The term Digital Humanities (DH, also known as eHumanities) refers to humanistic disciplines that gain knowledge by using information technologies and digital methods, e.g. the academic fields of Cultural Studies, Historiography and Linguistics.
FAQs Digital Humanities
Questions regarding Digital Humanities
Basically, DAASI International offers three different kinds of cooperation in the fields of Digital Humanities:
- DAASI International offers assistance with creating and filing research applications
- DAASI International becomes a contractor of the research project
- DAASI International applies for public tenders of research projects
If you have any further questions about cooperation options, please do not hesitate to contact us.
DAASI International participates in national and international projects on digital research infrastructures and virtual research environments for humanities scholars. For example, DAASI International helps creating these infrastructures, consults customers regarding the integration of new applications and tools into collaborative systems, conceptualizes and implements them and develops databases and visualization tools.
Questions regarding the range of services of DAASI International
DAASI International is a full-service provider and stands by your side in every phase from initial ideas until the end of your project.
The services offered by DAASI International include:
- Consulting (demand analysis, concepts, feasibility studies, proof of concepts, security concepts etc.)
- Integration (implementation, restructuring, optimization)
- Software development (new development, further development, creation and implementation of specifications, solutions individually designed for your research questions)
- Suppport (OpenLDAP, Shibboleth, midPoint and other open source software; monitoring, helpdesk, software updates, statistics, quarterly / annual reports)
- Training courses (SAML, Shibboleth, LDAP, OpenLDAP, midPoint, Identity Management)
- Federations (cross-organizational AAIs, SSO, data protection, federation agreements, regulations, assignment of permissions and access, harmonization of attributes, interoperability)
DAASI International cooperates with customers and partners from a wide range of application and business fields, particularly in the areas of research, business and administration:
- data centers
- (research) institutes
- medium- and large-size companies
DAASI International develops and integrates individual solutions that are tailor-made for your specific research questions and project situations. Additionally, DAASI International is specialized in open source technologies – software whose source code is freely accessible.
The experts of DAASI International have extensive knowledge in the coding languages Python, Java, Perl and PHP, that are regularly used in Digital Humanities applications.
In regards to advanced digital research infrastructures (AAIs), DAASI International can use her experiences from her second mainstay – Identity & Access Management. The following technologies may be of great value for the Digital Humanities:
- Shibboleth (for cross-organizational authentication and authorization)
- OpenLDAP (for authentication servers or central data management)
The price of your project depends on your requirements and the scope of the project. DAASI International provides authorities and research institutes with reduced rates.
In an initial non-committal consultation DAASI International can set short- and long-term goals and create a demand analysis together with you.
The type of support depends on the respective contractual agreements.
Usually, DAASI International assures her customers with a solution to their problem within four hours.
Furthermore, DAASI International offers to undertake regular tasks such as monitoring, statistics, quarterly and annual reports, software updates and the like.
General questions regarding DAASI International
DAASI International is a globally operating expert for Federated Identity & Access Management with open source.
Since her foundation as a spin-off of the University of Tübingen in 2000 DAASI International works on projects about directory services, authentication structures, encryption and databases. The customers of DAASI International cover all business and apllication fields in the areas of research, business and administration.
Another mainstay of DAASI International includes her work in the Digital Humanities. Here, DAASI International is mainly responsible for digital research infrastructures.
DAASI International offers a number of unique features, e.g.:
- specialized in open source
- specialized in federations
- specialized in Shibboleth and OpenLDAP
- CEO Peter Gietz is an internationally reknowned and acknowledged expert
- didmos, the module-based IAM open source solution
- experience in various business areas from research, business to administration since 2000
- wide range of services from consulting, software implementation to support
- special trainings
In 2018 the annual turnover of DAASI International amounted to 831,000 Euro.
DAASI International cooperates closely with organizations and specialists who offer high-quality services, including:
Depending on the application, DAASI International uses the following coding languages:
For more than 15 years DAASI International has provided her services to customers in the fields of research, business and administration.
DAASI International offers her employees exciting international projects with responsible tasks and opportunities for further education.
Other benefits such as a reasonable payment, a central location at the Tübingen main station, flexible working hours, free beverages, fresh fruit and committed, always supportive team members are just some of the reasons to work at DAASI International.
Yes! DAASI International is always looking for dedicated new employees. Find our open positions here or feel free to send us a speculative application. Please note that most positions at DAASI International require fluency in German language, as much of the communication with customers happens in German.
If you cannot find any vacancy for English-speakers, feel free to send us a request and your CV via e-mail and we will see what we can do.
Yes. DAASI International is always looking for young talents, especially in the areas of software development and system administration. Please send your application to Karin Gietz at firstname.lastname@example.org as we do not post open internship positions separately. Find all information about DAASI International as employer here.
We are also open to students of DHBW Stuttgart as partner (find more information here).
Yes. We are experienced in supervising dissertations and are open to discuss the topic of your Bachelor, Master, Diploma or Doctoral thesis.