Apart from the OpenLDAP packages from Linux distributions, Symas OpenLDAP currently is the most stable version available, for which 24/7 support is available.
The company behind Symas OpenLDAP is Symas Corporation, a US partner of DAASI International, whose employees include the main developers of OpenLDAP. Symas Corporation is the company with the most comprehensive knowledge of OpenLDAP worldwide and offers the following support options:
1. Symas OpenLDAP Gold
There are two different versions of the Gold subscription: Business Hours and High Severity.
Customer with an OpenLDAP Gold subscription High Severity benefit from services all year around and all around the clock (24x7x365). The service times also include strict SLA which guarantees an initial response to severe defects within two hours. On the other hand, Business Hours uses a 9×5 business hours model, and comes with less strict SLA. Please also note that the business hours are six hours behind German time, hence 02.00-11.00 PM CE(S)T.
The support with the Gold subscriptions includes the following services:
- ensuring the software is always up-to-date by at least pointing out new updates or even the installation of them
- support for technical and security-related questions
- ensuring the software is properly functioning after an operational error was corrected
- advice on optimising software configurations and/or of the system integration
2. Symas OpenLDAP Bronze
Essentially, the bronze tier of the Symas OpenLDAP subscriptions comprises the same services as the gold tier. However, all requests are processed based on „best effort“, and thus do not come with any SLA.
The Advantages of Symas OpenLDAP in a Nutshell:
- high performance and high availability
- up to date with the latest security patches
- includes many enhancements before they are available in general release
- third-level support by the developers at Symas
- direct packaging by the main developers for many different Linux distributions
- independence of Linux distributions
For further information on Symas OpenLDAP, please refer to our partner’s official website.
The support is exclusively offered in English but can be amended by German support provided by DAASI International.
Moreover, the Gold tier subscription can be expanded by different add-ons provided by Symas or DAASI International, for instance hosting and upgrades/improvements such as setting up monitorings or integration into an IdM.