Apart from the OpenLDAP packages from Linux distributions, Symas OpenLDAP currently is the most stable version available, for which 24/7 support can also be provided.
The company behind Symas OpenLDAP is Symas Corporation, a US partner of DAASI International, whose employees include the main developers of OpenLDAP. The company specialises in open source based solutions for IAM infrastructures. Symas Corporation is the company with the most comprehensive knowledge of OpenLDAP worldwide and offers the following two product versions:
OpenLDAP for Linux
This is an openly accessible version, which replaces the standard OpenLDAP packages in popular Linux distributions, esp. for:
- RHEL 7 and 8
- SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11,12 and 15
- Solutions for other Linux distributions upon request
This option stands out for its superior stability and performance, and is available in the form of a subscription for companies. In addition to extensive support, this also includes several additional features, i. e. password policy management, which are not included in the OpenLDAP for Linux version.
Generally, Symas relies on well-established open source software such as OpenSSL, Cyrus SASL and Heimdal Kerberos for its OpenLDAP distributions. In addition, Symas offers modern technologies for better performance and higher security with the LMDB (Lightning Memory-Mapped Database) database or the PBKDF2 hash procedure.
The Advantages of Symas OpenLDAP:
- high performance and high availability
- up to date with the latest security patches
- includes many enhancements before they are available in general release
- third-level support by the developers at Symas
- direct packaging by the main developers (24×7 possible)
- independence of Linux distributions
Further information about it can be found here.