Welcome to the press area of DAASI International. Here you will find everything you need for your journalistic work.
Your Person of Contact
If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Vosseler, Marketing Manager.
Phone: +49 7071 407 109-4
Who Is DAASI International?
DAASI International is a medium-sized IT service provider from Tübingen in Germany, specialised in modern open source technologies. DAASI International has two business areas:
1. (Federated) Identity & Access Management
DAASI International implements Identity & Access Management solutions for customers from private and public organisations, e.g. companies, universities and authorities. A speciality of DAASI International is the focus on IT federations, i.e. complex incorporations of IT landscapes.
[What is Identity & Access Management?]
2. Digital Humanities
DAASI International supports national and international projects in the fields of Digital Humanities, i.e. liberal arts oriented disciplines which use digital research methods. DAASI International is specialised in the setup of virtual research infrastructures.
[What are Digital Humanities?]
In both business areas, DAASI International offers a wide range of services, including consulting, software development, IT integration, support and training.
Facts and Figures
- Founded in 2000 in Tübingen as a spin-off of the University of Tübingen, Germany
- Founder and CEO: Peter Gietz
- Number of employees: 24
- Annual sales in 2021: 1,400,000.00 Euro
- Customers: universities, research institutes, authorities, companies
- More: [About DAASI International], [Management], [References]
Unique Selling Point
- specialisation in open source and participation in standardisation bodies
- exceptional expertise in federations
- focused on research
- didmos as open, individual IAM framework
- official German support provider for Shibboleth, midPoint and Collabora Online
didmos - the In-House Developed IAM framework
didmos is an open source framework for Identity & Access Management (IAM) made by DAASI International. In contrast to stiff standard solutions, didmos flexibly adapts to already existing IT structures and work processes. That is possible by the use of six synchronised and expansible modules.
[Click here to get an overview of didmos and its modules.]
We help organisations make their IT infrastructure more efficient and secure with advanced open source technologies, and provide a reliable and easy-to-use infrastructure. In this way, we facilitate the users’ daily work despite an increasing complexity of IT landscapes and enable new working methods. We offer our employees an interesting workplace with projects which match our values. This includes, among others, research in the Digital Humanities – a field that we support in national and international projects to contribute our share to a common good and fulfill our corporate social responsibility.
We are one of the leading open source providers in the areas of Identity & Access Management and Digital Humanities. Through the support of open source products and open standards as well as with our commitment to research, we stand out and make a valuable contribution to the common good. The well-being of our customers and employees composes the core of our interest and our dealing is characterized by fair, cooperative and social cooperation.
Press Releases by DAASI International
New Technologies for Gaia-X: Consortium Announces Project Start
The open source companies Vereign and DAASI International will lay the cornerstone for the use of state-of-the-art SSI technology in the Gaia-X sub-project GXFS.
As NGI Architect DAASI International Presents Concept for Novel Internet Security Technology
After announcing the participation in the project NGI Pointer of the European Commission, DAASI International now published a complete concept paper, an important milestone in the development of Internet security technology fit for the future with TLS-KDH.
DAASI International Will Become an “Architect for the Next Generation Internet”
The IT-service provider DAASI International from Tübingen is going to join the EU-project Next Generation Internet (NGI). The project seeks to develop sustainable encryption and authentication technologies for the next generation Internet. Ultimately, these new technologies are supposed to also prepare for the new challenges which are ought to come along with quantum computing.
DAASI International released new version of their open source solution didmos
didmos, the open source solution for Identity & Access Management (IAM) from DAASI International is now available in second generation, the source code is publicly available. The revised modular framework consists of state-of-the-art technology, exclusively based on open source software. The redesign of the IAM suite offers many new features and is now even more flexible in building individual systems for identity and access management.
Cooperation between the Publishing House Cornelsen and DAASI International enables SCIM Interface to midPoint
The source code of the midPoint SCIM connector, as well as the overlay will be published. As open source product it is freely accessible for anyone interested.
Video Conference Tool for NGOs Free of Charge
The Tübingen IT service provider and software development company DAASI International provides communication servers for the open source software Jitsi, and is going to host them for one year free of charge. This offer extends to any private organisation which are charitable to social, humanitarian, or environmental causes.
DAASI International Brings Crust to Univention Corporate Server
Crust, the open source Low Code, CRM and Service Automation platform is now available on the Univention Corporate Server (UCS) via the Univention App Center.
Relevant News Published on the DAASI International Website
- 20/12/2021: Company Anniversary – Tamim Ziai Reminisces over 10 Years with DAASI International
- 14/12/2021: Trainings by DAASI International
- 13/12/2021: BSI Warning for Log4j Vulnerability
- 03/12/2021: DAASI International Supports Open Source Community with a Basic Code Foundation for ICF Connector
- 22/09/2021: New Demo for IAM Software Suite didmos
- 08/06/2021: Customised IT Security with Modularity and Open Source
- 10/05/2021: Peter Gietz as Guest on Podcast for Digital Humanities
- 15/04/2021: Safe Contactless Communication with Open Source: Meet “Jitsi Meet”
- 29/03/2021: Federated IdM for Libraries – SeamlessAccess.org and FIM4L, Two Sides of the Same Coin
- 08/03/2021: Of Role Models, Prejudice, and Positive Developments in IT – Interview with Student Pia Schäfer
- 16/02/2021: DAASI International Celebrates Employee Anniversary – 15 Years with Dr. Martin Haase
- 15/12/2020: Five Good Reasons for Open Source
- 10/12/2020: Artificial Intelligence and Racism – Commentary by Peter Gietz
- 16/09/2020: Graduate Thesis at DAASI International: Interview with Gabriel Dimitrov
- 21/04/2020: Shibboleth Service Provider Version 3.1.0 Released
- 20/03/2020: DAASI International – Please #StayAtHome
- 09/03/2020: ConedaKOR as a Service – On Docker Now!
- 21/02/2020: Interoperbility in Focus of This Year’s TIIME
DAASI International in Anglophone Media
- 04/02/22 (online): Techzine
European Union starts developing Web3 technology
- 04/02/22 (online): The Register
EU digital sovereignty project Gaia-X hands out ID tech contracts
- 11/02/22 (online): Datacollaboration.org
The Data Drop News for Friday, February 11, 2022
- 14/03/2019 (online): OpenSourceForU.com
Crust Technology Releases A 100 Percent Open Source Unified Work Platform
- 08/03/2016 (online): Collabora Productivity
DAASI International signs up with Collabora Productivity and integrates CloudSuite/LibreOffice Online as a pilot into the European Commission funded AARC project.
For press articles, press releases and news in German language, please visit the German press area.
Logos and Downloads
In this section you can find pictures, logos and graphics of DAASI International that are available for your journalistic purposes. Please note that you are only allowed to use the pictures and graphics in connection to DAASI International and her products. It is not allowed to edit the pictures and graphs – please contact us, if you need any amendments, we will be happy to comply.