As an IT service provider in the fields of Digital Humanities, DAASI International is involved in several research projects and also would love to support your projects.
Research involvement in Digital Humanities
Having academic origins, DAASI International has always been involved in various national and international research and standardization projects, and has a deep understanding for humanistic tasks and questions.
DAASI International is specialized in digital research infrastructures. As one of just a few private service providers, DAASI International offers a comprehensive service spectrum on two levels:
Services on a technical level
- development and implementation of suitable AAIs (Authentication and Authorization Infrastructures)
- deployment and, if required, modification of software
- development of databases and visualization tools
- planning and realization of an organizational IT structure
- conception of long-lasting operational models
- consulting regarding the question, how new applications and tools can be integrated in collaborative systems
Services on a project level
- procurement of suitable cooperation partners for research projects
- assistance at filing applications
- contributing experiences as a reliable partner with national and international cooperations
- participation and support in project management
- involvement and representation of special interests in national and international standardization committees, e.g. OASIS, IETF, W3C, GGF
Recent Digital Humanities research projects
Recently, DAASI International has been partner and contributor to the following research projects:
DARIAHdocs was an open source collaborative pilot project of DAASI International and DARIAH-EU, the Digital Research Infrastructure for arts and humanities. DARIAHdocs sought to enable scholars to collaboratively work on their documents with fellow researchers. [more about DARIAHdocs]
In DARIAH-DE – the German partition of the European project DARIAH (Digital Research Infrastructure for the Arts and Humanities) – researchers of different humanistic disciplines work together with computer scientists and technology providers to develop digital methods, establish work procedures and approach research questions in a new way. [more about DARIAH-DE]
The aim of the project AARC (Authentication and Authorisation for Research and Collaboration), sponsored by the European Commission, is to create a global AAI for education and research. [more about AARC]
TextGrid is a virtual environment for humanistic scientists for collaborative, methodical text production with standardized interfaces to research data, publication software and other research tools. [more about TextGrid]
RiR - Relationen im Raum
The goal of „RiR – Relationen im Raum“ (English: Spatial Relations) is to analyze and visualize the spatial relationship of tombstones on Jewish cemeteries. [more about RiR]
You would like to implement your research project together with DAASI International?
Just send us a noncommittal request. We would be happy to consult you and see, how we can assist you.