To assist you with your decision whether DAASI International is the best service partner for you, this page describes how DAASI International works and how a cooperation usually looks like.
Your advantages of the project management with DAASI International
DAASI International places a high value on a structured, yet flexible project management that enables a smooth and transparent cooperation for all project participants. That is why DAASI International works according to the project method Scrum, which is based on the Agile Manifesto.
Project management with DAASI International offers you many advantages, among others:
- Flexibility: DAASI International divides the project into short project phases, so-callled ‘sprints’, which last two weeks and begin in even calendar weeks. After each sprint, the team will evaluate the current project state and define the next phase. Consequently, new insights are constantly flowing into the project, positively influencing the further process. Therefore, a dynamic and iterative procedure is created, which can react quickly and flexibly to changing requirements.
- Sustainability: The regular sprint meetings guarantee a lasting quality assurance, clear structures and, in addition, a detailed documentation of the work process. The apportioned workload of the team over the entire project process also ensures that not only the final result is of long-lasting high quality, but also the satisfaction and productivity of all project members.
- Transparency: Through the cyclic meetings, you always know the current progress of your project. You permanently get feedback and can try out the product at an early stage – and thus have the possibility to make adjustments or new priorities.
With DAASI International, the biweekly sprints begin in even calendar weeks and are named accordingly (e.g. Sprint 06/17 includes the 6th and 7th calendar week in 2017).
This is why changed requests cannot be considered within a sprint, but only at the start at the following one, in which they will also be implemented. That means that all requirements must be formulated at the beginning of a sprint. The more precisely the requirements are defined, the more reliably predictions can be made for future deadlines.
Upon request or at a certain project size, DAASI International provides the open source ticket system OTRS as a communication path to the customer.
Project workflow at DAASI International
Usually, projects with DAASI International have the following workflow:
- detailed requirements analysis (ascertainment of necessary technologies and architectures, as well as an abstract analysis of the actual and target state)
- requirements management happens in face-to-face conversations, in teleconferences, in workshops etc.
- creation of a basic and, if necessary, detailed concept
- estimation of the amount of work and costs
- Execution of the appointed implementation or integration in biweekly cycles. If possible, the results are presented to you every two weeks for examination, in order to allow you to intervene quickly if the interim results do not match your target requirements anymore.
- If it becomes apparent that the estimated costs cannot be met anymore (e.g. by changed requirements or their more detailed definition), DAASI International will proactively inform you and find a new solution together with you.
Project types at DAASI International
In general, DAASI International offers two types of projects: time and material projects and fixed-price projects.
Time and material projects are the standard case and especially preferred by the private customers of DAASI International. These projects offer a cost forecast – the final price depends on the actual work loadof the employees of DAASI International. Your advantage is that the project can start much faster, as the planning stage takes less time. Additionally, DAASI International can react more flexibly to changes or new requirements.
In contrast, fixed-price projects are common among public customers who have to work with exact budget specifications, e.g. universities and authorities. Because work efforts and deadlines have to be calculated in advance and in fine detail, the planning stage of the project usually takes longer. But with DAASI International you will have a reliable partner who has worked in fixed-price projects for many years.