The 2nd DARIAH AAI NG Service Provider Workshop will take place in Warsaw on May 14, 2019 – right before the DARIAH Annual Event (May 15-17).
The theme of the workshop is the Next Generation of DARIAH Authentication and Authorization Infrastructure (AAI).
DARIAH AAI Next Generation
The DARIAH AAI enables researchers from eduGAIN to access DARIAH services, by using the fully compliant SAML standard. Therefore, users can log into their home institution without having to create individual accounts for the online services they want to use or remember multiple passwords. The DARIAH AAI enables central and decentralized management of group affiliations. This allows DARIAH online services to base their authorization decisions on these memberships.
Since 2018, the Next Generation (NG) DARIAH AAI has simplified the connection of services to the DARIAH AAI by introducing a central AAI Proxy between all DARIAH services and all eduGAIN institutions. The advantages of the AAI proxy are:
- Almost any SAML Service Provider (SP) library can be used in an application
- No registration of the SP in a federation needed anymore – just exchange SAML metadata with the proxy
- The AAI proxy ensures Identity Provider (IdP) Discovery and the connection to eduGAIN
- It supplies a service with all IdP attributes, plus information from the central DARIAH directory
The proxy took over many tasks that services needed to implement previously, which now makes it much easier to connect new services.
Register and become a Part of the Community!
The Service Provider Workshop is intended for DARIAH researchers who develop and / or operate online services for Digital Humanities (DH). Participants have the opportunity to install, configure and test the open source Shibboleth SP. Moreover, the main goal is to familiarize you with the Shibboleth SP and to show how it can be integrated into your web application.
The event lasts from 9:30 am to 6 pm and consists of two sessions:
- Introduction to the topic by Peter Gietz (CEO) and Martin Haase (Solutions Engineer) of DAASI International
- Hands-on session with Martin Haase
The travel and accommodation costs are paid according to the principle “first come, first serve” for all those participants who want to integrate their DH application into the DARIAH AAI.
Become part of the community and register via e-mail to email@example.com. We are looking forward to your registration!
This workshop is organized by the DARIAH-EU working group “Federated Identity Management for DARIAH” (FIM4D).
In addition, information about the contribution of DAASI International to DARIAH-DE can be found here.
Subscribe to our newsletter
- DAASI International Will Become an “Architect for the Next Generation Internet”
- Graduate Thesis at DAASI International: Interview with Gabriel Dimitrov
- DAASI International released new version of their open source solution didmos
- Cooperation between the Publishing House Cornelsen and DAASI International enables SCIM Interface to midPoint
- Video Conference Tool for NGOs Free of Charge – DAASI International Provides Jitsi Servers