The 2nd DARIAH AAI NG Service Provider Workshop will take place in Warsaw on May 14, 2019 – right before the DARIAH Annual Event (May 15-17).
The theme of the workshop is the Next Generation of DARIAH Authentication and Authorization Infrastructure (AAI).
DARIAH AAI Next Generation
The DARIAH AAI enables researchers from eduGAIN to access DARIAH services, by using the fully compliant SAML standard. Therefore, users can log into their home institution without having to create individual accounts for the online services they want to use or remember multiple passwords. The DARIAH AAI enables central and decentralized management of group affiliations. This allows DARIAH online services to base their authorization decisions on these memberships.
Since 2018, the Next Generation (NG) DARIAH AAI has simplified the connection of services to the DARIAH AAI by introducing a central AAI Proxy between all DARIAH services and all eduGAIN institutions. The advantages of the AAI proxy are:
- Almost any SAML Service Provider (SP) library can be used in an application
- No registration of the SP in a federation needed anymore – just exchange SAML metadata with the proxy
- The AAI proxy ensures Identity Provider (IdP) Discovery and the connection to eduGAIN
- It supplies a service with all IdP attributes, plus information from the central DARIAH directory
The proxy took over many tasks that services needed to implement previously, which now makes it much easier to connect new services.
Register and become a Part of the Community!
The Service Provider Workshop is intended for DARIAH researchers who develop and / or operate online services for Digital Humanities (DH). Participants have the opportunity to install, configure and test the open source Shibboleth SP. Moreover, the main goal is to familiarize you with the Shibboleth SP and to show how it can be integrated into your web application.
The event lasts from 9:30 am to 6 pm and consists of two sessions:
- Introduction to the topic by Peter Gietz (CEO) and Martin Haase (Solutions Engineer) of DAASI International
- Hands-on session with Martin Haase
The travel and accommodation costs are paid according to the principle “first come, first serve” for all those participants who want to integrate their DH application into the DARIAH AAI.
Become part of the community and register via e-mail to email@example.com. We are looking forward to your registration!
Under the following link you will find the agenda and more detailed information about the workshop.
This workshop is organized by the DARIAH-EU working group “Federated Identity Management for DARIAH” (FIM4D).
In addition, information about the contribution of DAASI International to DARIAH-DE can be found here.
Subscribe to our newsletter
- Interoperbility in Focus of This Year’s TIIME
- DAASI International brings Crust to Univention Corporate Server
- 12th Univention Summit 2020: Focus on Digital Sovereignty
- DARIAHdocs – Call for Feedback at Half-Time of the Pilot
- Corteza Service Cloud, the open-source Salesforce Service Cloud alternative, has been released
- February 2020
- January 2020
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- October 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- September 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- December 2016
- October 2016
- June 2016
- March 2016